I can only be who I am...

"And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
Anais Nin

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Ha, ha, ha, ha, Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive

Well, all the damage reports won' t be in until they run a few more days worth of 24 hour a day reports on all the damage, but it seems my own personal family survived hurricane Jeanne pretty much unscathed. We WILL need a new roof, but we needed one anyway, so this will just clinch the deal. There are a few trees down in the neighborhood, but none in my yard, so I just pretend I don't see the neighbors' trees down in their yards as I drive by and I haven't let it be known that I own a chainsaw. Lots of flooding around and some trailers blown apart, but nobody dead to my knowledge, so that's a good thing.
I have gained about ten pounds since we started having hurricanes just from eating the food. The day this last one hit, I kept telling myself I should study, but was so exhausted from all the prep stuff that all I could do was sit in my chair, watch Tom Terry (my favorite weatherman), and eat potato chips and Oreos. So today, I started back on the cheese and meat diet, with which I have had much success in the past. I have to start wearing white next week and we all know what THAT does to a chunky girl!
In school today, I learned how to insert a Foley catheter. I did pretty well, except the fake penis I had to practice on had some sort of obstruction and the cathether wouldn't go all the way through. Words I never thought I'd hear an instructor say, "You have to pull up really hard on that penis so you can push it through." Apparently, we will get to work on real penises at the end of the semester at the old folks' home. Penises have always been really special to me and it kind of makes me sad that I will see so many of them that they won't be special anymore.
Well, I suppose I shall be a good citizen and watch those presidential debates tomorrow. I am awfully tired of it all, though. I will be surprised if either of them have anything to say that interests me. I would be even more surprised if either of them, once elected, could do anything to make my life better. Our society is pretty f&%^ed up if you ask me, and we've gone so far down the pike, I don't know if we'll ever find our way back. Too bad nobody thought to drop some breadcrumbs......

No comments: